Philly Steak Sandwich
These sandwiches are delicious. I purchase steak that has been sliced for making stir-fry, which takes a little less time, but achieves the same results.
Write a review
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 1.Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- 2.Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- 3.Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- 4.Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
GD Star Rating